Apr 22, 2008

Cloud Gate is in Cardiff!

云门舞集:水月
22 & 23 April ’08
Tickets: 8pm £5, £12, £16, £22
Post-show talk 22 April 8.40pm 30 mins
The Dance Consortium presents Cloud Gate Dance Theatre of Taiwan:
Moon Water


An extraordinary piece of theatrical dance, Moon Water’s power is contained in not only its dancers, but the stage on which they perform: over the duration of the performance, the stage is slowly flooded until the dancers are moving through water itself, their costumes soaked, and yet never missing a step, never letting their focus and concentration slip as they perform their astonishing, controlled and seamless dance. (Source: http://www.wmc.org.uk/index.cfm?alias=cloudgate)

I have been wanting to watch Cloud Gate's performance everytime when I went Taipei. However, I never got the chance to catch their show. When I got to know from Gloud Gate's website that they are going for a tour in Europe and UK, I quickly checked and was very excited to find out that they are coming to Cardiff to performance at the WMC (Wales Millennium Centre). I immediately asked Woon to book tickets to ensure that I will not miss the show.

So, tonight me, Woon and his colleague from Russia Natasha, and Yanhui from China are going for the show at the WMC.

Wales Millennium Centre

No comments: